July 18, 2022
Fall sports are fast approaching, so ensure your child is ready to take to the field or the court by reviewing our guide for the upcoming season from Prince George County Public Schools' Athletics Department.
To be eligible to participate in fall sports, all student-athletes must have a physical on a VHSL form dated after May 1, 2022, and uploaded to the Athletic Portal on the district's Athletics website. Student-athletes must have passed the equivalent of five (5) courses from the second semester and be enrolled in the equivalent of five (5) courses for the upcoming fall semester.
Tryout Location Information
- JV and Varsity Girls Volleyball: Prince George High School Gymnasium August 1 from 3:00–5:30 pm.
- JV and Varsity Boys Volleyball: Prince George High School Gymnasium August 1 from 6:00–8:30 pm.
- Cross Country: August 1st and 2nd at the PGHS track from 5:00–6:00 pm.
- JV and Varsity Field Hockey: August 1 through the 4th from 8:00 – 11:00 am at the PGHS Field Hockey field behind PGHS.
- Golf: August 1 through the 3rd from 3:30 to 5:00 pm at Fort Lee's Cardinal Golf Club.
- JV and Varsity Sideline Cheer: Will follow the cheer schedule that you received from Coach Carper. Practices will be held in the N.B. Clements gymnasium.
- Varsity Competition Cheer: August 2-August 5 from 6:00–8:00 pm in N.B. Clements gymnasium.
- Varsity Football: July 28-July 30thth from 7:00 am to 1:00 pm at the field house.
- JV Football: August 1 through the 3rd from 7:00 am to 1:00 pm at the field house.
- Girls Middle School Soccer: J.E.J. Moore September 13th-15th from 3:00 – 5:00 pm.
- Boys Middle School Soccer: J.E.J. Moore September 7th-9th from 3:00 – 4:45.
- Girls Middle School Basketball: J.E.J. Moore September 6th and 7th from 3:00–5:00 pm.
- Middle School Cheer: J.E.J. Moore August 15th, 16th, and 17th from 6:00–7:30 pm.
All practices will resume daily following tryouts. Individual coaches will share sport-specific calendars to communicate schedules. For more information, visit the Prince George County Public Schools' Athletics website by clicking here.