To be eligible to participate in spring sports, all student-athletes must have a physical on a VHSL form dated by physician after May 1, 2023, and uploaded to the athletic portal on the athletic website. Student-athletes must have passed the equivalent of five courses from the first semester and be enrolled in the equivalent of five courses for the second semester.
- Boys Soccer: JV and Varsity will begin tryouts Monday, February 19th and should be completed by Thursday, February 22nd. Tryout times will be from 5:30 to 7:30 pm at the PGHS Stadium.
- Girls Soccer: JV and Varsity will begin tryouts Monday, February 19th through Thursday, February 22nd. Tryout times will be from 3:00 to 5:00 pm at the PGHS Stadium.
- Boys and Girls Tennis: Both teams will begin tryouts Monday, February 19th through Thursday, February 22nd. Students must provide their own racquet and are to report to the tennis courts at PGHS immediately following dismissal. Tryouts will end at 5:00 pm each day.
- Boys and Girls Outdoor Track: Both teams will begin tryouts Monday, March 4th through Wednesday, March 6th. Tryout times will be from 3:00 to 5:00 p.m. at the PGHS Stadium Track. (Note: This is a change.)
- Baseball: JV and Varsity will begin tryouts Monday, February 19th through Thursday, February 22nd. Tryout times will be from 3:00 to 5:00 pm at the PGHS Baseball Field.
- Middle School Baseball: Tryouts will begin Wednesday, February 21st through Friday, February 23rd. Tryout times will be from 3:00 to 5:00 pm at JEJ Moore Baseball Field.
- Softball: JV and Varsity will begin tryouts Monday, February 19th through Friday, February 23rd. Tryout times will be from 3:00 to 5:30 pm at the PGHS Softball Field.
- Middle School Softball: Tryouts will begin Monday, February 26th through Wednesday, February 28th from 3:00-5:15 pm at JEJ Moore Softball Field. Athletes will need to meet Coach Bennett in the locker room right after school.
Out of season conditioning opportunities:
Contact the coach listed in our spreadsheet below for up to date out of season schedules.
Ticket information can be found using the following link:
- Go to www.candidcolor.net
- Click on Sports Portraits
- Click the 2022-2023 pictures link
- Enter your school's Access Code: PGSM23
- Follow the on-screen instructions to view your athlete's team and individual photos.
Prince George is partnered with GoFan to enable spectators to purchase tickets to HOME games on a digital only platform. The move to digital ticketing provides the safest, easiest, and most convenient option for access to athletic events. There is a brief video below to assist you in purchasing tickets. You may use the link below or download the App to your smartphone to purchase tickets.
Seasonal News and Updates
Dates, times, and locations of events can be found on the calendar page at www.centraldistrictva.org.
In order to be eligible for participation in PGHS Athletics, student-athletes must have passed the equivalent of 5 subjects from the prior semester and must be enrolled in at least 3 subjects for the current semester. All participants must sign up using the New Athlete Google Link above and have a completed VHSL physical form dated after May 1, 2021 and Emergency Info form uploaded prior to the first day of tryouts.
If there are any questions, please contact the PGHS Athletic Department at 804-733-2720.
The Virginia High School League requires school districts to monitor spectator behavior at all school sponsored activities. Accordingly, an event supervisor(s) may request any person involved in misconduct to leave the premises and may contact the police for assistance. The school has the authority to suspend individuals from attending all school sponsored activities for spectator misconduct.
Prince George County Public Schools appreciates positive support from all spectators and have the following expectations:
- Be a positive role model.
- Realize that you represent the school and community and, therefore, have an obligation to be a true sportsman, encouraging through positive behavior the practice of good sportsmanship by others.
- Be a “team fan” and a “my kid fan.”
- Recognize that good sportsmanship is more important than victory by approving and applauding good team play, individual skill, and outstanding examples of sportsmanship and fair play exhibited by either team.
- Recognize that since the primary purpose of interscholastic athletics is to promote the physical, mental, moral, social, and emotional well-being of the players, victory or defeat are of secondary importance.
- Treat visiting teams and officials as guests, extending to them every courtesy.
- Be modest in victory and gracious in defeat.
- Respect the judgment and integrity of officials, realizing that their decisions are based upon game conditions.
- Respect the coaches and administration.
- Remember that a ticket to a school athletic event is revocable without refund.
Thank you and GOOD LUCK to all our teams.
Below is the links to the required VHSL form and Emergency Info Form necessary for participation with PGHS Athletics. Sign Up must be completed at Google Link above prior to participating.
Below are links to the PGHS Full Student Parent Athletics Handbook and the PGHS Sports Return to Play Guidelines for your reference.
For information regarding NCAA eligibility please refer to the following resource. We encourage you to contact our Athletic Department for guidance and clarification.
How to find Athletic Schedule and setup Notifications
Go to www.centraldistrictva.org for full schedule of athletic events and related activities. Note, events are subject to change.
For Subscribing to rSchools for High School Activities and Sports Information/Cancellations
Welcome to PGHS
Home of the Royals
|Central Office/Food Services
|Asst. AD Middle School
|JEJ Moore Middle School
|JEJ Moore Middle School
|Indoor & Outdoor Track
|Boys Tennis (Boys)