|Golf: Boys Varsity||Mon||09/13/2021||3:30pm||Dinwiddie||Dogwood|
|Field Hockey: JV||Mon||09/13/2021||5:30pm||Glen Allen||Glen Allen High School|
|Field Hockey: Varsity||Mon||09/13/2021||6:45pm||Glen Allen||Glen Allen High School|
|Volleyball: Boys JV||Mon||09/13/2021||5:45pm||Manchester||Prince George High School|
|Volleyball: Boys Varsity||Mon||09/13/2021||7:15pm||Manchester||Prince George High School|
|Basketball: Girls MS||Tue||09/14/2021||5:00pm||Dinwiddie MS||Dinwiddie Middle School|
|Volleyball: Boys JV||Tue||09/14/2021||5:45pm||Matoaca||Matoaca High School|
|Volleyball: Boys Varsity||Tue||09/14/2021||7:15pm||Matoaca||Matoaca High School|
|Volleyball: Girls JV||Tue||09/14/2021||5:45pm||Matoaca||Prince George High School|
|Volleyball: Girls Varsity||Tue||09/14/2021||7:15pm||Matoaca||Prince George High School|
|Cross-Country: Girls Varsity||Wed||09/15/2021||4:30pm||Petersburg||Battlefield Park|
|Cross-Country: Girls JV||Wed||09/15/2021||4:30pm||Petersburg||Battlefield Park|
|Cross-Country: Boys JV||Wed||09/15/2021||4:30pm||Petersburg||Battlefield Park|
|Cross-Country: Boys Varsity||Wed||09/15/2021||4:30pm||Petersburg||Battlefield Park|
|Field Hockey: Varsity||Wed||09/15/2021||6:00pm||Hopewell||Prince George High School Stadium|
|Basketball: Girls MS||Thu||09/16/2021||5:00pm||Southampton Middle||Southampton Middle School|
- Go to www.candidcolor.net
- Click on Sports Portraits
- Click the 2021-22 pictures link
- Enter your school's Access Code: PGSM22
- Follow the on-screen instructions to view your athlete's team and individual photos.
This year Prince George High School has partnered with GoFan to enable spectators to purchase tickets to HOME games on a digital only platform. The move to digital ticketing provides the safest, easiest, and most convenient option for access to athletic events. There is a brief video below to assist you in purchasing tickets. You may use the link below or download the App to your smartphone to purchase tickets.
Seasonal News and Updates
Dates, times, and locations of events can be found on the calendar page at www.centraldistrictva.org.
In order to be eligible for participation in PGHS Athletics, student-athletes must have passed 3 subjects from the prior semester and must be enrolled in at least 3 subjects for the current semester. All participants must sign up using the New Athlete Google Link above and have a completed VHSL physical form dated after May 1, 2021 and Emergency Info form uploaded prior to the first day of tryouts.
If there are any questions, please contact the PGHS Athletic Department at 804-733-2720.
The Virginia High School League requires school districts to monitor spectator behavior at all school sponsored activities. Accordingly, an event supervisor(s) may request any person involved in misconduct to leave the premises and may contact the police for assistance. The school has the authority to suspend individuals from attending all school sponsored activities for spectator misconduct.
Prince George County Public Schools appreciates positive support from all spectators and have the following expectations:
- Be a positive role model.
- Realize that you represent the school and community and, therefore, have an obligation to be a true sportsman, encouraging through positive behavior the practice of good sportsmanship by others.
- Be a “team fan” and a “my kid fan.”
- Recognize that good sportsmanship is more important than victory by approving and applauding good team play, individual skill, and outstanding examples of sportsmanship and fair play exhibited by either team.
- Recognize that since the primary purpose of interscholastic athletics is to promote the physical, mental, moral, social, and emotional well-being of the players, victory or defeat are of secondary importance.
- Treat visiting teams and officials as guests, extending to them every courtesy.
- Be modest in victory and gracious in defeat.
- Respect the judgment and integrity of officials, realizing that their decisions are based upon game conditions.
- Respect the coaches and administration.
- Remember that a ticket to a school athletic event is revocable without refund.
Thank you and GOOD LUCK to all our teams.
Below is the links to the required VHSL form and Emergency Info Form necessary for participation with PGHS Athletics. Sign Up must be completed at Google Link above prior to participating.
Below are links to the PGHS Full Student Parent Athletics Handbook and the PGHS Sports Return to Play Guidelines for your reference.
For information regarding NCAA eligibility please refer to the following resource. We encourage you to contact our Athletic Department for guidance and clarification.
How to find Athletic Schedule and setup Notifications
Go to www.centraldistrictva.org for full schedule of athletic events and related activities. Note, events are subject to change.
For Subscribing to rSchools for High School Activities and Sports Information/Cancellations
Welcome to PGHS
Home of the Royals
|Fall Sports-August 2nd||Winter Sports-November 8th||Spring Sports - February 21st|
|Cross Country||Girls Basketball||Boys Soccer|
|Field Hockey||Indoor Track||Girls Soccer|
|Boys Volleyball||Girls Tennis|
|Girls Volleyball||Outdoor Track|
|Athletic Director||Bruce Carrollfirstname.lastname@example.org||PGHS|
|Asst. AD/Cheer||Becky Haydtemail@example.com||Central Office/Food Services|
|Asst. AD Middle School||Mike Darbyfirstname.lastname@example.org||JEJ Moore Middle School|
|Athletic Trainer||Hunter Durvinemail@example.com||VCU|
|Boys Basketball||Travis Carrfirstname.lastname@example.org||PGHS|
|Boys Volleyball||Mayes Marksemail@example.com||Community|
|Cross Country||Caitlin Henardfirstname.lastname@example.org||JEJ Moore Middle School|
|Field Hockey||Julia Ellisonemail@example.com||JEJ Moore Middle School|
|Girls Basketball||Kenya Grissettfirstname.lastname@example.org||Ed. Center|
|Girls Soccer||Tommy Harrisonemail@example.com||PGHS|
|Girls Volleyball||Wanda Gilbertfirstname.lastname@example.org||PGHS|
|Golf||Wade Benenhaleyemail@example.com||JEJ Moore Middle School|
|Indoor & Outdoor Track||Will Stevensfirstname.lastname@example.org||Community|
|Boys Tennis (Boys)||Vacant|
|Tennis (Girls)||Kenya Grissettemail@example.com||Ed. Center|