All Fall Sports will begin on Monday August 2nd.
- Football tryouts will be from 3:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. at the Field House in the PGHS Stadium.
- Cheer practice will occur from 4:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. in the gym at Clements Jr. High.
- Golf will begin at 3:30 p.m. at the Fort Lee Golf Club.
- Field Hockey will occur from 8:00 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. Tryouts will begin at the PGHS Stadium Track and will conclude with pick-up in the teachers parking lot at PGHS.
Cross Country will occur from 8:00 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. at the PGHS Stadium Track.
- Boys Volleyball will occur from 6:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. in the Auxiliary Gym at JJ Moore Middle School
- Varsity Girls Volleyball will occur from 7:00 to 9:30 a.m. in the Auxiliary Gym at JJ Moore Middle School.
- JV Girls Volleyball will begin on August 4th and will occur from 9:00 to 11:00 a.m. in the Auxiliary Gym at JJ Moore Middle School.
Again, all sports will begin Monday August 2nd except for JV Girls Volleyball beginning on August 4th.
All student-athletes must be registered in the Athletic Portal located on the Prince George High School’s Athletics page with a VHSL physical dated after May 1, 2021, and uploaded at the time of registration. You will not be able to participate unless you are fully registered in the portal.
Fall Sports will begin Monday! Make sure you are registered on the athletic portal.
- Go to www.candidcolor.net
- Click on Sports Portraits
- Enter the Access Code: PGSM21
- Log in or create an account to continue with the viewing and ordering process
This year Prince George High School has partnered with GoFan to enable spectators to purchase tickets to HOME games on a digital only platform. The move to digital ticketing provides the safest, easiest, and most convenient option for access to athletic events. There is a brief video below to assist you in purchasing tickets. You may use the link below or download the App to your smartphone to purchase tickets.
Seasonal News and Updates
Dates, times, and locations of events can be found on the calendar page at www.centraldistrictva.org.
In order to be eligible for participation in PGHS Athletics, student-athletes must have passed 3 subjects from the prior semester and must be enrolled in at least 3 subjects for the current semester. All participants must sign up using the New Athlete Google Link above and have a completed VHSL physical form dated after May 1, 2021 and Emergency Info form uploaded prior to the first day of tryouts.
If there are any questions, please contact the PGHS Athletic Department at 804-733-2720.
The Virginia High School League requires school districts to monitor spectator behavior at all school sponsored activities. Accordingly, an event supervisor(s) may request any person involved in misconduct to leave the premises and may contact the police for assistance. The school has the authority to suspend individuals from attending all school sponsored activities for spectator misconduct.
Prince George County Public Schools appreciates positive support from all spectators and have the following expectations:
- Be a positive role model.
- Realize that you represent the school and community and, therefore, have an obligation to be a true sportsman, encouraging through positive behavior the practice of good sportsmanship by others.
- Be a “team fan” and a “my kid fan.”
- Recognize that good sportsmanship is more important than victory by approving and applauding good team play, individual skill, and outstanding examples of sportsmanship and fair play exhibited by either team.
- Recognize that since the primary purpose of interscholastic athletics is to promote the physical, mental, moral, social, and emotional well-being of the players, victory or defeat are of secondary importance.
- Treat visiting teams and officials as guests, extending to them every courtesy.
- Be modest in victory and gracious in defeat.
- Respect the judgment and integrity of officials, realizing that their decisions are based upon game conditions.
- Respect the coaches and administration.
- Remember that a ticket to a school athletic event is revocable without refund.
Thank you and GOOD LUCK to all our teams.
Below is the links to the required VHSL form and Emergency Info Form necessary for participation with PGHS Athletics. Sign Up must be completed at Google Link above prior to participating.
Below are links to the PGHS Full Student Parent Athletics Handbook and the PGHS Sports Return to Play Guidelines for your reference.
For information regarding NCAA eligibility please refer to the following resource. We encourage you to contact our Athletic Department for guidance and clarification.
How to find Athletic Schedule and setup Notifications
Go to www.centraldistrictva.org for full schedule of athletic events and related activities. Note, events are subject to change.
For Subscribing to rSchools for High School Activities and Sports Information/Cancellations
Welcome to PGHS
Home of the Royals